Admin application :)

Akdragon
Name: Alex or AK (everyone calls me AK)

BU name: AKdragon

Applying for: GUI Artist

Hello my fellow BUnians! Been a while since I had to speak about myself lol so I'll try and keep it short. I am 28 years old, I'm a father, and I am one of the older members (not age..that title belongs to Larry lol) of the BU community. I was the GUI artist/admin in the earlier versions of BU and would like to become a part of the team once more. I am a PharmD and also graduated with a minor in graphic design and have been a GUI artist/graphic designer for 10+ years now.

It has been years since I have been on, and I know there have been many changes to the game. I have a lot to catch up on but I am learning more and more every day, especially with the help of this wonderful community. I have a good reputation within BU and I do not cause trouble.

Many of us have seen this game at its peak, and we have seen the game grow. From what I have seen since I've been back, I am positive that as a collective unit, we can witness BU grow to new heights never seen before.

Thank you for your time! -AK :)

Re: Admin application :)

Stephanie
You have my full support, I worked with you the last time you where here and you where a great admin, there is no doubt that you will be again. We would be lucky to have you back on the Admin them. You have never been one to make problems. Always followed the rules.  Never heard anything negative about you. I really home to see a crown next to your name soon.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Re: Admin application :)

blueluna
I also support AK for admin. During the day i am on with no help and AK is the first one to step up and help me. He knows BU well and the rules. Would love to have him as part of our team :) Good Luck Ak

Re: Admin application :)

Graul
Was hoping not to have to point some things out but sigggh.....

Within your first week(s?) of 'returning' you've behaved, hmm.. 'quite poorly' to Shrinks, Prise, Myself, and even some players. It was only after you made this app that you started putting on the Mr. nice guy act to try and win some people over. That alone + your app kind of being pretty empty about what your purpose for being an admin would even be (making a GUI would be a one time deal, no??) is kind of a 'Nope'.

Then taking into account that we've recently already hired 3 admins not long ago, plus Larry returned so there isn't really a need for anymore for a while probably.
"All is darkness!" -Random Pawn

Re: Admin application :)

Shrinks
My experience with you personally has not been a good one, to say the least. For the most part, you’ve been quite rude and condescending towards not only myself and other admins, but to players as well.

If that isn’t reason enough to not hire you, here’s a few more.
1. Like Graul mentioned, the GUI is a one time thing. What comes next?

2. Most people are probably thinking “well, he’d be a mod, of course!” Which would be a decent answer.. If you’d been back long enough to know your way around BU and all of the information required to help players adequately.

3. “He could learn his way around!” Yes, you could. But at this time, I’ve really only seen you sitting in the bank. Of course, you might've done other things while I haven't been around but I've seen you say that crafting isn't really your thing.

Based on all of this, I don't think you're the right fit for our team.
-Shrinks

Re: Admin application :)

Prise
I was hoping that I wouldn't have to say something either...

1.
Akdragon wrote
 I have a good reputation within BU and I do not cause trouble.
In my opinion you have been nothing but rude and arrogant towards some of us admins (of course only until you made this app) and to players since day 1 you returned. If you call that a "good reputation" then we might have different ideologies about how an admin should behave towards players. Others might say you have been a good admin before, but all I have seen of you was that you talked down to people who you don't even know. Players have been very upset about your behavior and from my point of view as a moderator of BU someone who upsets players can't be good admin material, no matter what happened in the past. The past is the past, what matters is the present and the future. The admin team has changed a lot and at this time, I cannot say you would be a great asset to the team.

2.
Akdragon wrote
It has been years since I have been on, and I know there have been many changes to the game. I have a lot to catch up on but I am learning more and more every day
You're right there is a lot you have to catch up on and yet all I have ever seen you do was sitting in the GH or killing spiders...

3.
Akdragon wrote
I am one of the older members (not age..that title belongs to Larry lol) of the BU community.
I don't know why people always try to play the oldbie-card, as I said it doesn't really matter what happened in the past. The reality is that you just returned and that you basically don't know anything about the game as it is now. You should probably stick around longer to learn more about the game AND the community.

4.
Akdragon wrote
I am a PharmD and also graduated with a minor in graphic design and have been a GUI artist/graphic designer for 10+ years now
Your graphic design qualification is the only thing that might be helpful for the game but at this time, 1. - 3. are outweighing 4. and that's why I would recommend to stick around longer so we can see what will happen.

In conclusion, I don't think you should have a crown next to your name any time soon, until you are familiar with the game, the community of players and the admin team as they are now, because once again: the present is more important than what you have done before.

Best regards

Prise

Re: Admin application :)

Akdragon
I've been waiting for you three to reply for almost a month now. Glad you guys did...but I won't stoop down to a level of ignorance and nit pick at all three of your behaviors since I've been back..(even before I even decided to become admin) or even address how you three have created your own "team" which is why this post has been open for almost a month, and all 3 of you just now decided to reply. But here it goes...

1.) Let me reply first to Shrinks. Yes, I have an extremely good reputation on BU. No, I do not cause problems. If a player needs help, and I am capable, I do what I can. What you guys are referring to is ONE situation..singular...not plural involving you and another player (which nothing negative was said.) Simple playful behavior with no profane language or derogatory meaning toward anyone. Plenty of people were there, including another member of your admin team. YOU took offense to it and took it upon yourself to reprimand me in a "mind your own business" type of way...yet conversation was addressed in public chat for everyone to chime in. Other than that, I simply do not know. Just to add, I did send you a PM apologizing, despite doing nothing wrong..and you ignored it.

2.) Now Graul..I'll keep this simple. I have had no issue with you and have never even had a full conversation with you. So I'm baffled on how you could even gain an opinion on who I am. In regards to your "one time GUI" statement, I could be wrong but isn't your job an also "one time" thing? What I would be doing is yes physical appearance on the game but also advertisement/website graphics to keep BU consistently updated and fresh and give a better image on what BU is to introduce and gain new players.

3.) Now Prise...hmm it's quite hard to even think of what your issue is with me and with my reputation on BU. The only discussion we ever had was me stating to you that prices are made by the community and not one sole individual...which you also took offense too.

All in all, I respect each of your opinions toward me and my application. No I am not playing the oldbie card, but yes I do know exactly how it feels to be on your side of the table. Just as new players gain experienceon game, Admins gain experience on their role. Say what you need to, but I have plenty of that. I have tons of support and I love each and every one of them..I would just appreciate each of you having your own opinion toward me and not a collective one.

Anyways, thank you and there is never any animosity toward anyone. :) -AK

Re: Admin application :)

Prise
Well thank you for your reply, but I do have my own opinion about your admin app and I decided to reply because other admins did too. That's why I did reply at all, everyone has the right to state their opinion. Level of ignorance? You and I didn't have a good start, neither Shrinks nor Graul were there at that day if you do recall it. I didn't take offense at all because I know people like you. That's why I didn't argue with you any further. There is new players online who don't know stuff about the game either and if you tell them something on glb they will just buy it. That's why it's not nice to tell them things that are just wrong. I don't have to have an issue with you just because I don't support your admin app.. what I didn't like was the fact that you belittled players that have been around long time and I have seen that with my own eyes and these said players were upset and did complain about you.

If there is any further need to discuss anything, feel free to contact me ingame.

Best regards
Prise

Re: Admin application :)

Graul
I said "(making a GUI would be a one time deal, no??)"

You say "So I'm baffled on how you could even gain an opinion on who I am. In regards to your "one time GUI" statement."

So you don't understand what a question mark is, yet have the nerve to imply that we are ignorant? Yeah, okay. Please continue proving that you have no control of your arrogant behavior.
"All is darkness!" -Random Pawn