An "Admin" application

Vettros
Hello everyone. I'd like to start this out by saying I am not looking to have all the powers of an admin. I'm looking to be a player advocate. Someone who people can bring problems to, and I can help sort them out to the best of my abilities.

Name: Robert (Vettros) Smith
Age: 23
Location: Virginia USA
Time playing BU: 48 hours according to my #usage
Time playing EO: Over 8 years. (started in V16 on main)
Current level: reborn 1, lvl 203 into RB 2
Email: VettrosBU@gmail.com

Reason: I have noticed a lot of different things following around with the different players in the game. Statements saying admins are terrible, to personal bias opinions that have no say in anything happening. I am here to attempt to be a middle man for the problems at hand. People bring problems to me, I will sort them out if I can. If needed, I will bring them to the attention of a higher ranking officer who will be able to make an executive desc.
I do not request much of this. Being able to port, or bring people to me would be nice, but with PM'ing being available, its not necessary.

Experience: For EO, I have a ton of experience. I've been a demi-admin on FE for a short amount of time prior to me quitting the server. As for experience in this work, this is what I actually do as a job. I am a claims representative for car insurance. I listed to people inform me of car accidents all day, and I sort out all of the information and make decisions based on the statements brought to me, and evidence brought to me. I have no problem informing someone harsh news if I need to, and have no problems with remaining patient with people to attempt to get this resolved. If there is a language barrier, I will do my best to work with it, via Google Translate.

I do understand if there no positions open at the moment, but if something does open up I would greatly appreciate a look back into my application.

Please if you do have any questions for me, I will be happy to answer on the forums or over my Email listed above.

Re: An "Admin" application

Nurd
9 years ago, v23 was released and running on EO.

I feel as though you logged on here and just viewed a few admins for a couple of days and suddenly decided ''Yes, they need me''. Not a good tactic. It takes weeks->months to truly see how well and admin does in a server and to see if the server itself is in need of you. I do not feel like you have been around the server long enough to be a good enough help to anyone at all, so therefore I can't really support you. If you come back and re-apply in the future, then I may have a different answer.

I'm sorry, but I wish you luck in your efforts of becoming the player advocate.
I'm only here for the food.

Re: An "Admin" application

Vettros
Thank you for your reply, and in the future I will reapply. Tho, I did not come here with the intention to have a "they need me" mindset, and I do apologize if the post came across that way. Was more just an explanation of my views so far. As per my time with EO, its hard to think this game has been around so long. I am 23 now, and I started this game in the 8th grade... so my time with EO has been over 10 years.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Re: An "Admin" application

Cirras
You clearly have a very professional and mature attitude. That's something any administrative team needs. I think with some more time and experience with the game you may well be an asset to us in the future.
Thank you for your application.
The cake is a lie.

Re: An "Admin" application

Maggieanne
Vettros I hope that you do stick around for awhile. If you choose to re-apply later on, I think you would make a great addition to the administration team, especially as a player advocate. I have known you for approximately 8 years, and you have always been responsible, level-headed, fair, and an all around good person.

Being a player advocate does not seem to me that you are coming in wanting to take charge. I too feel there is a need for a player advocate/liason, a go-between, for the players and Kyle. Someone who is not an HGM or Mod, but someone to take issues and concerns of the players to Kyle, when needed.

Re: An "Admin" application

Mamu
I love you man (non gay way).....you seem to be fitted for the job in my opinion.....well my opinion doesnt matter though....but still u have my vote
Poop