Arisen: First Map/New Starter Area?

Criticals
Hello everyone.. I'm not that popular of a player, but my name is Tim, I'm 16 and have been playing EO since I was 11; then I started BU around v15, stopped and came back around v21 or so. But anywho, I donno' about you guys but I feel like the VERY beginning area after you've JUST created your character was kind of weak, IMO, then again I'm so new to mapping I'm not sure my opinion is worth two s***s. Here ya go ladies n' gents, I hope you like Arisen.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7B9BZqq.png[/IMG]
This is the spawn point (the tile above the cross,) and the NPC that welcomes to players has a spot right beside you.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FlHPPQP.png[/IMG]
This is the left side of the map, where I figured some new fish type monster or any other kind of aquatic mob could be.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Z774tad.png[/IMG]
This image shows the right side of the map, and a good chunk of the lava portion. The lava portion would make for a more advanced leveling place for noobs (I'd say like.. level 10ish - 30? After that they can just goto Wormsers or somethin')
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/olKnMXk.png[/IMG]
This is the top portion of the map, which has a cave that leads to the above ground map.

Side note!!!!!!!!! ---> I plan on attempting to completely rehash/redo/start anew the first couple of maps, depending on how much you all like this one... Thank you for taking time out of your busy BU schedule to look at my map! Any and all criticism is welcomed. (Some constructive criticism would be nice too ;)
Sleep With One Eye Open