Check it out UPDATE** (Grim Reaper Costume)

Check it out UPDATE** (Grim Reaper Costume)

cursedangel
This post was updated on .
  just Alittle change to practice my shading
  I don't know tried to go with a bit more simple feel to it, What do you think?
 Old project
 Still being edited
 Kakashi scarf i just spent alittle time on.
Update:
 Something i made for fun
  Just alittle box i made for practice
 <--costume   Npc-->

Let me know what you think! :)

Re: Check it out

Cirras
Administrator
Nice concepts here, and the lineart is A-OK. An area you'll want to work on is your shading, particularly in regards to metals. You use a lot of dithering, which is a commonly misused technique, particularly in newer artists. I suggest you try smoothing the shading out a bit. Dithering is good, it adds definition and texture, but in your case sometimes is causing a messy "checkered" look that is easy to avoid.

Keep at it and you'll be whipping out beautifully shaded work in no time.
The cake is a lie.

Re: Check it out UPDATE* (kakashi scarf)

Cool
I don't know a lot about pixeling, that's not my area xd but these don't look bad at all. Love your batman x]

Re: Check it out UPDATE* (kakashi scarf)

Davinci
I have to agree with cool, the batman suit is great and I hope to see it in game some day. To add on what Cirras said, not to undermined him, my take on what he said is just avoid checkered like patterns because it makes the art look more "pixelated'' and not a smooth transition in between colors. Just my two cents on it.

Re: Check it out UPDATE* (kakashi scarf)

cursedangel
Bump* Updated with a new sword

Re: Check it out UPDATE* (New sword)

Cirras
I find the new sword interesting. I'd say you should reconsider how you're shaping and shading the handle, it's currently a bit too simplistic. If a piece has any sort of "sore" point like that, it's the first thing that will stick out when you look at it and has the potential to drag down an otherwise well done piece of art.

An improvement over previous works. Nicely done.
The cake is a lie.

Re: Check it out UPDATE* (New sword)

cursedangel
Bump* Changed the sword to get alittle practice with my shading, what do you think?

Re: Check it out UPDATE** (new sword change)

cursedangel
Bump* another update/ redo on the big sword

Re: Check it out UPDATE** (new sword change)

Cirras
Really nice update to the aforementioned sword, the hilt brings it together in a pleasant way that looks much better.

As for the golden sword, the new shape gives it a whole different perspective that makes it look downright respectable as opposed to newbish, lovely change there as well.
The cake is a lie.