Custom Town Map

Ambivalent Hero
Took a few hours to do, tried to keep it BU themed but with my own style.

http://i65.tinypic.com/k12wdf.png
Youtube Channel: Hero & Princess Play Games
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC5b6N55U_k-PQqx8xV13ELA

Twitch Channel: www.twitch.tv/HeroAndPrincessPlayGames

(Veteran EO Mapper) IGN: Ambivalent

Re: Custom Town Map

Stephanie
Not bad, I like your style. Just a side note tho, With new maps going forward we are trying to prevent the black edges of the maps being seen in game. I normally go with at 10 tile boarder around the edges of the maps and fill that in with trees or whatever looks right on the map.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Re: Custom Town Map

Ambivalent Hero
This post was updated on .
That wont always work. You will have some instances where your trying to create a boarder for the player to stop at to not see the black edges and it will look like someone threw in a bunch of stuff to block you off. Example Woodsland Village. It would be easier if we had more Gfx to support this idea, with out it though it would look messy and unatural.

No offence but, I have mapped for a lot of people back in the day. I have mapped a lot of peoples themes and ideas, hiding the black edges had deffently been tried a lot, and unless your maps are all water or inside of desert walls or covered constantly by tons of trees. Your going to see the edges. New gfx for every type of different map theme would look more professional in my honest opinion.

Edit: If you guys are trying to make stuff flow like it never stops. Kinda like an open world. Your going to run into a lot of problems. Doing this would be cool but, without having seamless maps or having the client stop before the map edge starts would be hard to hide. It would be easier to do with walls that had a few trees and some grass, natural ground clutter and a road to hide the edges.
Youtube Channel: Hero & Princess Play Games
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC5b6N55U_k-PQqx8xV13ELA

Twitch Channel: www.twitch.tv/HeroAndPrincessPlayGames

(Veteran EO Mapper) IGN: Ambivalent

Re: Custom Town Map

Stephanie
Its worked for us so far on all our outdoor maps. SO we are going to continue going in that direction for now.

Side note. Woodlands was mapped a really long time ago. It looked a lot better back then. The trees have been repixled since then so it all does not show as it used too. This is on our files to be fixed once the time is right.

The Twin oaks area and also the Thanatos Island area. The Thanatos mountain is the first time I tried doing land that is off in the distance with you looking down at it. I think it worked out well. Im working with that same concept in a map extension I am working on now.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

(Veteran EO Mapper) IGN: Ambivalent

Re: Custom Town Map

Ambivalent Hero
That's basicly what your telling me right? Can't see the "wall" or "edge tiles" but, this is a 25 x 25 map, all 9 by 9 (Aside for corners) wall/edge around the map to prevent seeing the end of the map.

Edit: Player on a 25 x 25 map would only have 7 x 7 spaces to walk around, after 7 x 7 the player would be able to see the end of the map.

Yes but I also like to feel in under the trees more also... I have done it some on this map but not very much, I cant show the maps i have fully done it all since thoses are not released yet. And about map size If i want the map to be a 25x25 maps i stat with that number then ad 20 to each to make it 45x45 to keep the 25x25 area for the player to be in.