General Application

Jimmy
Name: Jimmy

IGN: Jimmy

Age: 20

Location: USA West Coast (California)

Applying for: I would like to apply for either moderator, or web developer position.

Past experience: I'll start with my experience as a moderator, I have moderated many servers one including FE until i resigned. I have owned multiple servers, therefor i know how to work with players and keep a community under control when needed. I have experience with online community's as well (Forums), which require more heavy moderation, etc. I have experience in web development, and I enjoy different projects. I am proficient in HTML & CSS. I know a decent amount of PHP, but I am currently working on improving my skills daily.

What you can expect of me:  I'm a very relaxed & passionate person. I do know that I have sorta a bad image, although I hope that everyone can see past my previous issues within the community. I am looking to have fun, and help out the community in any way possible really. I'm online generally during the night time (12:00AM PST - 6:00AM PST) & throughout the morning. I don't know what else to really write, but most of you already know me & what I am capable of in general. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Re: General Application

Nurd
Known you for a while and I can say that the person you were in the past and the person you are now are like two completely different people. Looking past all the things you did is very easy because of that.

You're on all night long and as you said to me, you like BU, which is why you're on here more than you're on main.

We're in desperate need of mods, so I think you would make a fantastic addition to the team. I support you and I wish you luck! :P
I'm only here for the food.

Re: General Application

Jimmy
Thanks man. I am different than I was back then as you mentioned. I'm not here to cause problems, but more-so here to enjoy the community/game, and talk among everyone. Anyways, thank you for the support!

Re: General Application

Graul
Your people skills are quite lacking to be an admin, I hope you do not get accepted.
"All is darkness!" -Random Pawn

Re: General Application

Jimmy
Hey Graul,

Thank you for your comment. Although, I would like to ask if you could please elaborate on your statement?

Re: General Application

spudd
GoodLuck Jimmy, i spoke to you a lot back on FE although you most likely won't remember and you were a cool guy. Also i have seen good work you've done and think you would be a nice asset to BU.

Re: General Application

Jimmy
I remember you man. (For the most part), but I have terrible memory, so don't take it personal. :P

Anyways, thanks for the kind comments & support.

Re: General Application

Graul
Jimmy wrote
Hey Graul,

Thank you for your comment. Although, I would like to ask if you could please elaborate on your statement?
You're a hot head. You're arrogant. You think you're someone important because you played EO a long time. Your personality aligns more with an antagonizing troll than someone worth speaking too. You didn't even understand why making your title 'Fuck all' was a tell to your character. You are even a big enough tool that you tried to demand Amy unban one of your friends as if you actually had a say.

You're not respectable, you're not mature, so the last thing you should be is an admin.

"All is darkness!" -Random Pawn

Re: General Application

Jimmy
Graul,

First off, I respect your opinion about me. I understand I have made myself out to be a troll, etc. I can agree I have also made some idiotic choices. Although, I can respectively say that it does not define who I am as a person. If you truly knew me, you'd have a different impression, as many others say as well. I may have given a bad first impression in your eyes, but I'm not some horrible person. In regards to my title, which was previously 'fuck all', it was merely a joke. I don't understand why a title would upset you & make you judge someones entire 'character' (meaning, character in general, not EO char). Lastly, your statement about me not being fit for an administrator position is rather incorrect if I may add. I have made some bad choices previously, in which people may think bad of me, but that is not who I am. I have years of experience with moderation, and far more important roles on many different teams. A few worth mentioning would be a website forum with over 20k members, executive position(s) at web hosting company's, and much more. That being said, I have the experience & maturity level to handle a simple moderator position. All in all, I respect your opinion, but I think you should re-look at me as a person, and put aside the stupid things. I think you would view me a lot differently. Anyways, thanks again for your comments, I respect all criticism.

Re: General Application

Boni
Past is past, you can't change it. You can only hope you do good in the present for your future. I've known Jimmy a really long time, and he's always been a good friend to me at least. Nurd's right though. Looking at him now, and back then he is a changed person. I think he'd be a good admin, and his help would be appreciated.

Also, Aaron, if I may ask, why does his title matter at all..? Titles are useless and shouldn't make someone judge that person on whatever their title is set to be. I know he's done things in the past to make you not like him, but based on just what he can do as a person to help BU and its community is great. He has my full respect and support for becoming admin. I hope you make it Jimmy. c:
Some like beautiful, perfect, and pretty. I see the good in the bad and the ugly. I need the volume one louder than ten. If the windows ain’t shaking, making my heart race. If I can’t feel it in my chest, I’m in the wrong damn place. Got a demon in my soul, and a voice in my head. Saying go, go, go I can sleep when I’m dead. I ride the lightning, roll with the thunder. I fell in love with the darkest parts, standing on the side of the wild at heart. I plucked a feather off a crow, so I could fly. Since I was 13 years old, I’ve had my horns to the sky.

Re: General Application

Jimmy
Boni,

Thanks for the support. I like how you put everything. I hope other people can view it as you & nurd do as well.

Again,

thanks! :)

Re: General Application

Stephanie
Im sorry but I cant support you. You really know nothing of BU to be a mod. I mod needs to know the craft, where npcs are located what npc drops what item. As far as web dev I think Cirras has the covered.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Re: General Application

Jimmy
I respect your opinion steph :P

Please use better grammar :(

Re: General Application

Graul
Boni wrote
Also, Aaron, if I may ask, why does his title matter at all..?
Alright kiddos, since we are unable to see the obvious and would rather make laughable deflections such as I am ‘upset’ by your title, perhaps I need to hold your hand and walk you through some common sense.

Firstly there is the fact that people use their title as a little spot to say whatever they want, and your choice is to use it to be childish. I know you’re young and think its hip to be edgey and what not, saying the ‘bad words’ just because you can ooooh such a rebel, but it gives off impressions that an aspiring admin should probably not want people to have of them? I’m aware that BU is mostly regulars and there aren’t many new people, but there still should be some kind of importance into how you represent yourself, especially if you were an admin.

Case & Point! Have you ever seen Cirras with such a stupid juvenile title? Nope, not even before he was a HGM.

Have you ever seen Blueluna with a hostile or otherwise unfriendly title? No, you have not.

Have you ever seen Baby with one?

Pearl?

Nerah?

Amytheevil?

Samantha?

Dubstep?

This makes them seem more approachable obviously, which is something to strive for even as just an aspiring admin. For new players to look at the admin list (assuming people remember how to do that even) and they see some guy swearing at them could be offsetting don’t you think? Maybe I’m thinking too much of it, and clearly I was being lazy with my explanations before. I just think admins should hold themselves to some kind of standard, it would do wonders to BU’s image.
"All is darkness!" -Random Pawn

Re: General Application

Jimmy
Graul,

I respect what you're saying & understand what you're getting at here. I suppose it's not a 'smart' title to have, but it's been that way for ages. I don't think about what to make my new title every time I log in. Anyways, I respect your opinion. I'll try to refrain from abusive titles. :)