New Ideas/Suggestions

PeiPei
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I am not sure where I could post this, thus I came here in the Lounge section.

So as I was chatting in global about random stuff, I suddenly came a cross this ideal world craving of mine. That kind of developed in to a maybe nice new idea for in bu:

- Gardening

We already have mining in game, so I thought it might be possible to have gardening as well. I like the idea of getting ourselves ingredients for crafting through mining, gardening where we can level ourselves separately for higher quality stuff, more than killing mobs and getting the drops. Even though together its a nice mix

These are only suggestions and ideas (that may go together) as I am unaware of what is possible in game and what not:

- Go out to search for vegetables/ flowers all over BU map
- Harvest these flowers/ vegetables
- planting seeds to grow, water & harvesting them to level up
- combining seeds to get rares or other higher qualities
  - to eventually plant these to get the harvest of these rares
- harvests used for, as example, brewing potions (while these in game are rather cheap, so that might be not needed.. I think), or tailoring/weapon crafting. Maybe something new that is specific crafted with using flower and veggies.
- To plant, having our own little gardening area. Like this big map where each player can "rent" a piece of land to plant their stuff. So the map will consist of maybe 5 by 5 squared areas what peeps can use as their own.
-The above might be a bit too much.

EDIT

ACTUALLY  just harvesting plants all over bu and leveling through that so we are able to harvest next ones, would be perfectly ok as well.
As the other OPTIONS totally got compared to farmville lol

I am sure that not everything might be possible but I thought it would make an nice addition in BU as the mining already exists.
Feel free, to change/add some ideas or what so ever. (:

Re: New Ideas/Suggestions

Alpha
I don't think that's a good idea for several reasons.
1)Mining and Fishing are already too much, and all you get is junk from them, it's no point adding a new method. It's better off just further enhance the existing ones.

2) Gardening for a game where you kill stuff.. idk about that, but I'm sure as hell this is not supposed to be farmville or whatever facebook games lol

3)Rares are not meant to be acquired easily through IG crafting, if that happened it will no longer be rares, and the economy will get fucked up more than it is now.

Again, better off add more valuable items to mining and fishing (which was discussed numerous times, but what a disappointment nothing happened).

Re: New Ideas/Suggestions

PeiPei
Right, so first of all . I've never played farmville, so I have no idea what's going on there.

Second. If the fishing and mining gets improved it seems that a simple gardening (as in just harvesting plants about bu) should be possible as well. It does add some bright and new challenge to the game. I guess

third. Besides killing there is crafting as well, see it as a part of jobs within the game. Killing is one thing mining fishing n gardening a side job. So it's gets more excited to craft stuff (in my opinion)

Fourth. with rares I meant rare seeds. Rares aren't easy to obtain and won't be easy to obtain. That indeed would take away the rareness. And it is supposed to take a long way to actually obtain one.

Yeah it would be nice if they actually did something usefull with the fishing and mining. I totally started playing bu cause it had the fishing option LOL

Re: New Ideas/Suggestions

Prise
I agree with Alpha, it's necessary to improve mining and fishing and i really don't see a point in adding gardening aswell. I can only speak for myself but i don't want BU to turn into crap like Farmville, which is a game that has exactly the features you want for BU, Peigi.

Re: New Ideas/Suggestions

PeiPei
This post was updated on .
You guys with your Farmville, I asked some women in bu. And so far the ones I asked, they agree with me. Maybe it's the guys like mining, girls like gardening thing. LOL.

I don't see how you guys can't see how this is no farmville. It's not that the game will turn into a farming farm game. Just the fact that we can harvest together with fishing and mining is just nice. Main aspect will be killing but having side jobs that would actually be meaningful would be just nice. That's how I think of it.

I know I totally went overboard with the having your own farming thing and such, but they are ideas. Not actually things that have to be EXACTLY like that in the game. xD

If it's pointless to most of you, then I guess I'll delete this topic o:

Re: New Ideas/Suggestions

Nurd
Gardening, no. Harvesting, on the other hand is a decent idea for one simple idea that people keep complaining about.

We can use harvesting, fishing and mining as a combination to brew potions from a witch NPC.

People constantly complain about pots costing too much, even when we lowered the price dramatically. If we add harvesting, I think that a combination of all three could prove to be useful in the brewing of health, poison and many other potions.

Edit: Posts like this can be added to Lounge or Player Voice.
I'm only here for the food.

Re: New Ideas/Suggestions

Graul
BU can't even get a handle on a mining or fishing system that doesn't make you lose your mind trying to attempt the task. I really don't want anymore ctrl bashing that last 8 hours to craft 1 thing that is useless until you craft 50 more of them, at which point it then only has 1 single purpose so its existence at all is kind of questionable. Everything here seems to revolve around wasting my time to hold ctrl, some think thats a challenge but its anything but that.
Until BU revamps its current 'jobs' or whatever you want to call them, I don't think they will bother thinking of new ones to add, cause they don't even want to deal with the current systems which have been untouched for a long long time.

HOWEVER! On every single real MMO I have ever played there has been a plant harvesting system, and whether or not I did anything with them, I always collected every plant I walked by. It wasn't something 'out of place' nor did it make me think OMG WAT DIS FARMVILE SHITZ ON MY GAEM!!1!, its a completely optionally side task. Making potions myself was obviously a great benefit in those other games, but on BU I just push F1 to heal.

BLABLA! tl;dr its a good idea, but likely to never happen.
"All is darkness!" -Random Pawn

Re: New Ideas/Suggestions

PeiPei
Yyeaaah that is what I meant. The harvesting thing in other MMOs are nothing like farmville. And I understand that its super useless if already the mining isnt really functionating properly. But it's nice to keep imagining xd

Re: New Ideas/Suggestions

moonnight
We need a bunny plushy  that you hold  by the ears.  Do it nows.
I <3 bu.