Raids - A Proposal for a New Game Element.

Raids - A Proposal for a New Game Element.

Maveaxe
Most MMOs I have played have some sort of Raid for players/guilds to join together to complete an objective(s) for great rewards.

With the fact that we are Hard Coded currently, in mind, I am not entirely too certain of how possible this addition is  at the moment. With the development of our own server it may more possible in the future, however.

With that being said here are some more detailed examples of my proposal:

[Player Raid Idea #1]: Battle of The Best.

[Objective]:
A group of players hack and slash their way through a group of fearsome monsters in a certain amount of time.

[Mechanics]:
A group of 4* - 10 players ( I think that is the max party limit) form a party to take down a heard of Boss Monsters. [These monsters could be specifically created** for the raid map or perhaps existing ones such as Genie or Thanatos.] The players would need to clear a certain amount of monsters in a time limit to win the raid. For example, players have 20 minutes to kill 15 Thanatos. Once they are finished with the 15, if they have extra time they can keep killing for more Raid Points***. With the extra time they can kill more monsters for extra Raid Points.

Points Awarded - [Based on their current 20 minute Raid timer]:
15 Monsters Killed - 5 Raid Points.
20 Monsters Killed - 6 Raid Points.
25 Monsters Killed - 7 Raid Points.
Etc.

[Reward]:
If the objective is completed the players involved will receive a Raid Chest**** and a specific amount of Raid Points based off of the amount of monsters they were able to clear in the alotted time.

* - I suggest that at least 4 people be needed for these Raids if not more.

** - Specifically Created monsters would be best for Raids, I think. That way they
can be scaled to be more challenging than perhaps some existing monsters and so they will not drop any items that players need so they are not abusing the addition of raids.

*** - Raid Points: A reward for the completion of a Raid that can be cashed in at Raider*****

**** - Raid Chest: A chest that is given as a reward for every completed Raid which is consumable for a reward [ These rewards could be additional Raid Points, existing items, or Raid Gear******].

***** - Raider: A New NPC that allows players to craft Raid Gear via using the specific amount of Raid Points.

****** - Raid Gear: Players can use their Raid Points to craft new Armors, Accessories, Weapons, or even a unique pet from Raider. A reward system for their valiant efforts in completion of Raids.

Pros:
- Offers a New Experience for Players
- Promotes Team Work
- New Exclusive Items

Cons:
- Coding may be limited
- Players of certain Time Zones may not have too many allies

[Guild Raid Idea #1]: The Gilded Guild

[Objective]:
A guild bands together to prove their standings against the other Guilds of Bones-Underground via completing the raid the fastest!

[Mechanics]:
There are multiple maps that offer a variety of challenges for the Guild to complete as quickly as possible.

Starting Zone:
The Starting Zone will have a low leveled monsters [ Able to be 1 hit ] that spawn as soon as they die.  They have 1 drop - a key for the 2nd floor. The catch is that the drop is a 1-2% chance. So in essence players have to hack and slash for the chance of advancing in this Raid.

2nd Floor:
The 2nd Floor will offer a new challenge for the members of the guild, a maze.
Guild members work together to navigate to the exit to the 3rd Floor of the Raid.

***Note***
The Maze should be challenging but not as long as the existing maze in game is. Perhaps half the size.

3rd Floor:
The 3rd Floor offers the Guild a new challenge - Crafting a key.
There will be a room filled with chests.
These chests each have random item spawn times with a 50% chance of a useless item and a 50% chance of a key fragment. If the useless item is spawned, it must be removed in order to have a chance of spawning another item. These key fragments are lore, this way only 1 member would need to collect but all of the members would be searching chests to aid that member. Once the 1 member collects 10 Key Fragments he/she can craft a key from another new NPC - Key Maker - that's in the chest room.

Then the one with the key most open the door and let all members out to complete this Raid.

[Additional Mechanics]:
Since this is a Raid for guilds, each guild attempting this Raid should have their completion times posted - perhaps on a Bulletin Board outside of the Raid entrance. I am uncertain if this could be coded currently or not - but again we will have our own server one day and would be more possible then.

[Reward]:
For the completion of this Raid, each guild member would receive 1 Raid Chest and a specified amount of Raid Points.

[Additional Reward]:
The Guild who completes this Raid the fastest each week will have a unique reward.
Members of the Winning Guild, when logging on to Bones Underground, will have a unique log in message announcing that their guild is the best.
For example, say the Guild "AAA" won the event. If any member of that guild logs in, it would say "AAA Is The Best."

[Pros]:
- A New Experience for Players
- A New Guild Experience
- Guild would have competition and purpose
- Promotes Team Work
- New Exclusive Items

Cons:
- Coding may be limited
- Players of certain Time Zones may not have too many allies

[Additional Notes About Raids]:
There would need to be new NPCs to sign up for the Raids.
[Guild Raider/Player Raider/Raider/Key Maker for example]
I am not sure how for the Raid to begin, because I don't know what is possible. If the players were signed up and ready they may need to type #PlayerRaid or #GuildRaid to get warped to the map/the event to begin.
We would need new maps for each Raid and where you can access, which probably goes without saying, but I thought I would include it.

That is my Raid proposal so far. I may be adding additional Raid ideas as I think of them. If any of you have any suggestions, questions, or concerns, please post them here so we can discuss them and so our Developers can see the interest in this proposal.

Re: Raids - A Proposal for a New Game Element.

Bunnycorn
While your ideas are honest, and well intended, they are in fact, impossible in terms of Endless Online, and thereby Bones Underground.  This is because there is no mechanic for this, the only one in existence would be quests. And quests are for individuals, not parties. The parties can help the individual, and allow the individual to get the last hit, but each party member would have to get 20 of said monster kills. This kills the fun in the "Raid".

Endless Online has always been a much more individualistic game, there have been a couple big PK matches in it's history, but it is truly up to the individual to level up and get stronger.

Idea #1 is much to based on luck. 1 to 2% is completely based on luck. It could take you an hour to get the key, you could get the key in the first minute. A better idea for this would be to use bosses. But then low level guilds get completely wrecked.

Your ideas aren't horrible, I just think that they're not optimized for EO. EO is a simple game, which is part of why it's not very big, and never was very big.

Re: Raids - A Proposal for a New Game Element.

blueluna
I think its a great idea and possible with the new event engine. This is Bones Underground and we are excited to consider these ideas.

Re: Raids - A Proposal for a New Game Element.

Stephanie
With BU's Event Engine these are very well doable weather or not we choose to add them or not is another story. Something the team will have to talk over more.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Re: Raids - A Proposal for a New Game Element.

Cirras
I wouldn't be so sure about impossibility, Bunnycorn. Our development team has a comprehensive understanding of the hard and fast limitations of the EO Client. This isn't the first time someone has told me that a feature is *impossible* based off of what they've seen.

When I'm the one writing code serverside, you find that there are ways around all sorts of problems.

For instance, hosts managing Event Engine events do so via a quest-window based Control Panel. It allows them to do all sorts of useful things, from launching/ending events, to tracking and managing participants. Complex menus and such are entirely possible, regardless of the inherent limitations of the *EO* quest engine.

tl;dr I'm not trying to say this wouldn't be difficult to implement in the exact way I imagine it. But I assure you that I can.
The cake is a lie.

Re: Raids - A Proposal for a New Game Element.

Accretion
Cirras wrote
I wouldn't be so sure about impossibility, Bunnycorn. Our development team has a comprehensive understanding of the hard and fast limitations of the EO Client. This isn't the first time someone has told me that a feature is *impossible* based off of what they've seen.

When I'm the one writing code serverside, you find that there are ways around all sorts of problems.

For instance, hosts managing Event Engine events do so via a quest-window based Control Panel. It allows them to do all sorts of useful things, from launching/ending events, to tracking and managing participants. Complex menus and such are entirely possible, regardless of the inherent limitations of the *EO* quest engine.

tl;dr I'm not trying to say this wouldn't be difficult to implement in the exact way I imagine it. But I assure you that I can.
I'd think that if you know what you're doing well enough there should be a way to make a plugin that the server looks to to run certain things that the client itself can't. I may be wrong.. or maybe people have already done this.. but it seems like there'd be a way to do something like that. That being said I can't code at all :u. I'm just assuming.