Wall Mounts!

Laurra

Yes that's a picture within' a picture! :')

.:Dovah:.

Re: Wall Mounts!

Mookie
Administrator
It's a good concept, but there's a lot of things here that need to be touched on and fixed.

Here's a diagram to help explain.

thing

First thing's first, where I've circled and labeled it as one & two. You can see that your lines aren't clean, like at all. This shouldn't be present in pixel art. There's a fair bit of distortion (Or probably wrongly placed anti-aliasing) around the edges which makes me believe that you just took one of the frames from the gfx files and just stretched it out to be the size you needed it to be on a program like Photoshop, which is a huge no no. Outlining pixels are also of different sizes, which also isn't a good thing. This can be fixed with careful attention to the outline itself with the pencil tool.

Two, along with three can also be used to show you that none of those wall mounts are isometric at all. I've put an isometric line along your painting as an example, feel free to use it as a guideline if you decide to redo these.

Mapping objects, especially those made to work with walls, desperately need to be isometric and aligned with walls. The importance of this can be explained by this diagram:

Walled example

As you can see here, your wall mounts are also a little bit too big. The smaller paintings should also be used as size guidelines, since each wall mount is a little too big for a wall tile, unless you intended on slicing them. Size is an interesting thing when it comes to mapping objects, since there's no real guideline to it. It's best to use a similarly sized object as a reference when it comes to this.

Anyhow, those are the main things. There's a few other things, but you're welcome to come talk to me in game about it :)

Best of luck with your future pixelling endeavours.

Lettuce be pals.

Re: Wall Mounts!

frita
jesus christ

Re: Wall Mounts!

Song
I think that the inappropriate black edge distortion is due to many of the original endless sprites were mostly drawn with a tablet/stylus/ animation software then resized to fit. like the opening graphics over there and on the website have this thick black coloring book looking line, like when u use the brush tool in ms paint. the angle on the mounts though, soo croooooooked! smh

i used to do a ton of graphic replacements and modifications on a bunch of other games. one in particular, all the npc graphics would be pulled from much larger illustrations. especially ones that have a profile graphic and character graphic that have many less cels than  here, but to make it look like your player can face 4 directions but really it's only 2 cels, front view and back view. this is an ancient game though.
true love conquers all.