Bu improvements

Re: Bu improvements

Infinite
For me, i think it was the crafting chain that put me under, and at the current reborn, not being able to obtain such items because of being too weak. Now you could say i could just train, but with such inferior items (even Dread in my case) it's a little hard to train because the monsters i can kill give such little EXP.

Is it possible to re-introduce the protected item thing?
Seeing as sometimes i am unable to pick up a drop that was mine.

Groups & special protected(whoever hit first) monsters could be handy.

Quests are always something great to take up peoples time!
Although those berries are hard to come by in a certain quest :p

Drop rates are a big problem however, but where they are now really works. Maybe only a 2 or 3 percent increase would make a difference.

Re: Bu improvements

scarecrow
here is a craft list to get supreme crusher. Please note i left out everything before Twin redemption because Redemption is a drop.

168 Twin Redemption - 840 drear blade, 840 elememtal staff, 336 redemption
84 Destiny - 168 raw abyss ore, 252 frostfire staff, 168 sacred staff, 84 twin redemption
84 God feather - 1680 god boots, 168 god wings, 84 twin redemption, 84 destiny
28 titanium force - 84 alien blade, 84 god feather, 84 titanium ore
28 Mayhem - 28 Tracys long sword, 28 triple bones, 28 hoosier intimidator, 28 titanium force
14 Blue Lightsaber - 14 Mayhem, 14 sharp knife, 14 stephanies crystal, 14 slayer
14 Red Lightsaber - 14 Mayhem, 14 sharp knife, 14 stephanies crystal, 14 slayer
14 blunt object - 14 Blue Lightsaber,14 Red Lightsaber
11 half-blood sword - 11 Aelf blade, 11 blunt staff, 11 blunt object, 11 razor wind
8 angers demise - 8 grenade, 8 bone sythe, 8 zanpakuto, 8 half-blood sword
4 tetsagia - 4 eldwind, 4 axe-kun, 4 dark slasher, 4 anger demise
infinity - echanted QB, blood staff, tracer orb, anger demise
3 skull crusher - 3 Blunt object, 3 half-blood sword, 3 angers demise, 3 tetsagia
Valiant Blade - infinity,Tetsaiga,Skull crusher
dark crusher - avatar, skull crusher, valiant blade
Supreme crusher - skull crusher,dark crusher,10 bone crusher

Okay so who has 840 drear blade, 840 elemental staff and 336 redemption for me?

I also was going to add the time to get one of each item  - and then add the total together but then i would be sitting around killing monsters for my entire holiday to get one of each drop needed.

Drop rate = CRAP
Craft chain = Insanely long and difficult.

As i have mentioned many times on BU, you should add God Feather as a drop along with titanium Armor. even with God Feather added the craft chain will still be difficult and extremely long.

If needed i will get another craft list to show how stupid the armor craft chain is.

-Scarecrow
Real men hug naked while rolling on the floor -looks into the sky with a sparkle in my eye-

Re: Bu improvements

Josh~
I voted for drops, mainly because there wasn't an option to vote for the crafting system,  which I believe is in need of a fix most of all, but of course there are always areas for improvement.

Crafts are extremely hard. I appreciate and understand that being an on line RPG, things are supposed to be more grind orientated and more a test of patience. However, even on huge on-line RPG's I have played, the crafting or upgrading system has been much easier and they added level requirements on items to stop lower levelled players becoming overpowered (Which I think would be a great addition.)
I heard someone saying the time required roughly to obtain the best weapon from nothing without donating, is something like 1 and a half years? This is way too hard considering we have a player base of 50-60 players regularly on-line, on average.
If we didn't have the restrictions that are in place, we could really expand the crafting system, adding brilliant innovative ideas to compliment the difficulty of the system; however, at current I think most people will agree it's too time consuming.
I think an overhaul of the crafting system would be a great start, adding side crafts which aren't part of a main quest line as to include many different paths for new players and players in general to suit different situations.

I think the damage and the statistic levels are too high myself. This will be something I think other's will be divided on. However, I see many players hitting 50,000 damage regularly while being supported by 16,000 Con; and while people may like having such statistics because they're big figures, 1: It isn't necessary, many of my best experiences in on line gaming have come when the damage and statistic levels have been fairly low. It's all about the dispersion of statistics on level gains, items and NPC's. Master the system and you go a long way to improving the quality of gameplay.
2: It doesn't exactly bode well for expansion. When you keep the combat damage and statistics low on a regular basis, not only does it mean you are problem free in that department going into the next version and many more afterwards, it also means items don't cause headaches or even problems upon the distribution of statistics.

The drops are also frustrating for players as others have said in this post and long before this topic became open.

Players and Admins will always have problems in many different ways with each other, but this is something that probably, can not be avoided. If we were to turn into Endless edge with such strict moderation, I am sure we would scare off many of our regular visitors.
It sounds far too simplistic to be achievable, but wiping the slate clean (personally) would go a long way to solving many personal divides, and while this may be a bridge too far for some, if you don't try then where will you get (Unless, of course, you've done so in the past to no avail.)
It also shows you don't actually care that much for these personally toxic exchanges/situations, so would be well advised not to offer your opinions on them in future.
The ignore list is often referred to and not acknowledged by players and admins alike; often, people cite it as an option admins offer due to the absence of alternatives in some scenarios, but if you have problems with someone that can't be fixed, admin or not, just ignore them. It is such an easy fix I can't stress it enough; to 'Ignore' it is to be extremely profligate.

I think finding places is not so much of a problem. Sure, Bones-Underground is vast and one could get easily lost, but surely that isn't a problem?
I'd consider a problem being some person disconnecting the game continuously. It's problematic in the sense I can't be as efficient in game as I perhaps would like to in this particular moment. Or having an important and perhaps expensive item drop, glitch, and someone else retrieves it. This would be a problem as I rightfully should have collected it and due to an unforeseen and unfair circumstance, it belongs to someone else.
I like to adventure in RPG's, if I die, so be it. There is a flute with numerous important in-game locations on it, something everyone will obtain, and with adventuring, you also will get better ingame knowledge meaning players will become more useful for themselves and others.
Dare I say people will not even need to consult admins for a warp if they adventure enough in the game. I think player warps are unnecessary. Everyone knows where Tutorial Town is. The most accessible area in the game, if a meet-up is that crucial, you can use a scroll to instantly get there or just die and meet at the re-spawn area/take the short walk to tutorial town.
It isn't the constant asking of warps or the fact my attitude is perhaps lazy in not warping people, that I believe is the problem; it's the over reliance on admins to get to any given location, when the option to adventure is such a crucial and enjoyable element in any RPG for most people.

I am not and never have been a fan of the reborn system since the first time I heard of its existence.
I think it renders the whole level-up exercise far less enjoyable and also, if you don't have the reborn option open, isn't there a way to add it at some point if needs be, which would be another option to expand upon if we wanted to? The more options we have open the better.
An alternative would be making a reborn far harder to obtain, for example; being level 200+ is considered strong after 6 months or so of gameplay and one reborn very strong, top player material.
The time scale is hypothetical of course, but in the case of 1 reborn; I think 5-6 months is a decent scale. It's just to point out that for some people and I am certainly one of them, less is more.
You can be the strongest in the game, but do you need to hit the maximum damage available in the game? Of course not.

Overall, the problem for us, is the fact that we are now on version 26 and have come very far, so to shake things up will essentially be us going back on ourselves at a very advanced stage, but I believe it's the correct thing to do; sometimes you have to take a step back to take two forward.
Whatever is best in the long run, is the direction to head in. Sacrifices may have to be made but what we will gain from travelling that way is sure to outweigh the negatives.
What sure is needed is a thorough assessment for the future, not just for now as to ensure that certain problems that have popped up previously are eradicated for good.
If you think things can't get worse, it's probably because you lack sufficient imagination.

Re: Bu improvements

Misterx
I also forgot to mention the monstrosity. It is near impossible when we are just 2 people trying to kill it. We can't range it and we are stucked with uber strong dead prisoners that kills us in almost like 4-5 hits and which we now can't lure in corner to get rid of them. WHY??? Server is not hard enough? It would greatly make the server better if this was fixed like it was BEFORE monstrosity was fixed few months ago.

Re: Bu improvements

Soren
This post was updated on .
I'll put in my 2 cents on this.

Suggestions:

1. Administration team:

THIS NEEDS TO BE REDONE. ASAP.

Yes Kyle I know you're tired of hearing "___ abused!" "I was bant 4 no reason!" But there is some truth to the whining. Since I've been back to BU all I've done is watch and not comment/get into anything with any of the administration team/BU in general. What I've noticed is that you hire a bunch of moderators, but not enough to actually fulfill what BU needs. Currently, I've noticed that only a handful of the 30-40 mods/admins actually deserve to stay. I've done VERY careful observations to which mods don't actually start problems, actually help, are not just glorified players looking to get ahead, and inactive. I will put in a listed suggestion of the handful (In no way do I expect you to just fire anyone that isn't on this list. I'm just pointing out the active mods or the ones that CLEARLY show they have importance to BU). So here's the list:

- Blueluna - Why isn't she an HGM? One of the most useful moderators on here.
- Cirras - The main pixeler. A great asset to BU and is non-biased and just with his actions.
- Baby - Great potential, she's very helpful. Often gets involved in whatever Amytheevil starts though, which is why I italicized her. Could definitely be a great help if she isn't always defending part of the corrupt admin team.
- Callum - BU's coder, and also an asset. Is non-biased in judgement, helps to his best ability and is just a very kind person.
- Tracy - Shows her importance to BU obviously because a lot of what has come recently in the new versions has come from her server. Is more helpful than not, doesn't really punish too harshly, and doesn't start problems.
- Ronny - Very helpful guy, he's still doing what he did to become part of the team and he is to be respected for that.

The rest are more or less burdens on BU. Either inactive, or just glorified players getting ahead with powers. Obviously with this list, you would need to hire maybe 3-5 more people, but hiring people with the potential to be great is better than keeping washed up, corrupt moderators.

2. Crafting Chain:

The entire crafting chain needs to be rebalanced and re-done.

When you're done crafting a Tetsaiga, it becomes hell in the crafting chain. Every craft from there on has a HUGE gap to it, and just becomes EXTREMELY tedious to craft. Any craft after Supreme Crusher is essentially uncraftable without spending a ridiculous amount of time on the monsters that drop the parts of it. On top of this, it's high reborn monsters that need atleast 10-12 reborns to kill that drop it, so on top of being stuck in terms of crafting, you'll need to level more too. When you're done leveling to about 11th reborn, you'll still need to put in the month or so it would take to craft this item from scratch. That is COMPLETELY ridiculous. If you're going for a higher craft than lets say a Supreme Crusher, you better be prepared to merchant, because camping the VERY low end drops that you get from earning your 11 reborns put you in for a hell of a time. The gist of what I'm trying to say is: If it's almost ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to buy a craft and not be able to craft the item from scratch, what the hell is the point of a crafting chain in the first place? I don't know if the crafting chain is for donating purposes and  I understand that when you get a donation for a high end item you get a BIG donation, but donations should never dictate the best craft in a game, and that's something I'm pretty sure we all agree on.

3. Useless items/npcs scattered allllll over BU.

This really needs no explaining to it. There are so many useless items in BU that BU's item slots are nearly filled. Also a bunch of NPC's that have no relevance to anything at all.

4. Lower level training/areas

No, I don't mean starting out with a quest that gives you 1 reborn automatically.

 I mean ACTUALLY balancing the lower level training areas to the point where that 1 reborn isn't a necessity to play the game. One specific suggestion I could give is the Wormser area. Wormsers would be a great lower level EXP spot if the HP was just re-done a bit. Lower HP, and with the XP it gives/spawns there it would be a great lower rb training spot. The starting quest should definitely not give a reborn to the player. Quests in BU (because it's not a quest heavy server) are supposed to be an "Edge-up for a favor" not "I need to do this to even consider playing this game".

 5. Drops.

You knew this was coming.

Drops aren't a HUGE issue, but with the ridiculous crafting chain they are. If the crafting chain is meant to be this...well...stupid, then drops need to rebalanced in order to make it suitable for the ridiculous numbers it would take you to craft. There is no way in hell it should take over a year of straight camping to obtain ONE best item. Yes; it should be difficult, no;  it shouldn't force you to quit your job and social life.

Just kidding, but  I wanted to atleast put in my 2 cents after having watched BU grow from the very beginning to where it is now.

Re: Bu improvements

Diabolical
I pretty much agree with Soren, If you want to improve upon the game you created. You'll need to seriously take this all into consideration, My opinion is that doing all that would improve the game and bring it back to life.
"It's time you invested in a bottle of poison! so we don't have to hear about you bitchin and moanin.  Boo fuckin hoo you're not the only one whose live's a piece of shit! Yet, miraculously somehow we all seem to deal with it. Did anybody think that you would really seriously slit your wrists. In fact I think that everybody thinks you're seriously full of shit!"

Re: Bu improvements

Steez
Yeah...
The crafting chain is pretty horrific.

It makes no sense to just pile new crafts on top of old ones, until it's just 1, huge linear chain of crafts.

I mean it's pretty difficult to craft even the most basic of items, which are now completely obsolete. There's really no point in keeping items like 'Oblit' around.

The updates made to BU pretty much just stacked new shit on top of old shit, without making any adjustments to prior items/NPCs. For example, why is King Slug [relatively] hard to kill when it only drops Elite Sam gear? It made sense before, since Elite Sam Gear used to be the best, but it needs to change with the times.

There are other improvements that could be made to the game, as there's always room for improvements in any aspect of life, but imo the crafting & obsolete items/NPCs stick out the most in terms of gameplay.

Re: Bu improvements

blueluna
After spending the last two weeks helping a new player with the beginning of the craft chain, I feel the need to comment on this post. If you want to keep new players playing the craft chain HAS to be fixed!!! Bone if you were to make a alt char and attempt these crafts i think it is the only way you will totally understand what we are getting at. A new player is unable to get too far into the craft chain without help from a higher lvl player. Some of the monsters are unkillable for new players. Then there is the mass confusion surrounding the crafts. I can understand having a craft inside a craft but when you get to 2 or 3 different crafts inside one craft it causes nothing but frustration and confusion. If we could make god feather a drop and perhaps even destiny things would be so much easier for the new players. Sure it seems simple to craft a blunt object you need red and blue light saber. Ok you're too low a lvl to go to squarebot but you can craft light sabers. The light saber craft starts out what seems simple then you have mayhem added in...which starts out easy but ends up needing titanium force which is also a craft of 3 god feathers...its like beating a dead horse. Players get frustrated and give up. I have mentioned to you about making the God feather a drop but you said you would make it a hard drop well that is defeating the purpose. Many new players love BU but end up saying screw this because it is far too hard. I know you're a busy man Bone but humor us make an alt and try these simple crafts for yourself then you will truly understand what all the fuss is about.

Re: Bu improvements

Soren
Completely agreed with Luna. Also, Something I've thought of for a while that I've said so many times to people in game: Why does Squarebot even drop Lightsabers? It's a monster that's hard for my 64th rb character, and by the time you can even kill a Squarebot, you would have merchanted/camped for a weapon better than a Lightsaber. In my opinion, Squarebot dropping Blue/Red LS' literally emphasizes that you HAVE to rely on high level players camping it to sell to low level players, which is ridiculous. A medium-level crafting chain item should not drop from one of the hardest bosses in game. It would be fine if new players had a monster they could easily camp (Not Hydro/Persian Rider, that's not a newbie monster) for craft chain items because it could be just an outlet they can turn to if they don't feel like camping the monster, but at the moment they don't. Another thing is, why does a Twin Redemption (VERY low-end craft chain item) drop from a monster that takes about 10rbs to kill? That doesn't make sense. If you want to make crafting easier for the new players (new being recently joined/about 1st rb-5th rb or so) then make it drop from a monster a new player can kill.

Re: Bu improvements

Soren
Almost 1 full year has gone by since this post was made and almost nothing was improved from this discussion.

RIP BU :'(

Re: Bu improvements

Graul
That seems to be the theme about topics on here...

'Hey players! Give us your opinion! We aren't going to pay any attention to it of course, but it will make you feel better, right???'
"All is darkness!" -Random Pawn

Re: Bu improvements

Soren
Woah this video was posted 2 years ago as the very first post to this topic and is literally the reason BU has no new players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxszx60ZwGw

2 years and the crafting chain hasn't improved. Tit Force and God Feathers were added as drops since this to help the craft chain. 2 years, 2 items. RIP BU progression.
12