Bu improvements

Mr.Bone
Ok guys tell me, how do i make your gaming experience better, no idea is stupid, the more feedback i get on this the more i can make the changes to improve bu for everyone. I need input asap as i want to make these changes very soon. Please do not just vote but leave your opinion posted as well ty.
What is hardest about bu?

Re: Bu improvements

sgtmas2006
I'm new here, but I suggest you read up on Power Creep before you make big changes.

Here's a good video to watch explaining it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxszx60ZwGw

Progression shouldn't be too fast also. It should be by the time people have good things they should still be able to progress with new content, but not too soon after they have everything, or it will give a sense of worthlessness

Re: Bu improvements

Mamu
Reduce everything by 10%

for example:
Npc Hp
Stats in all items
St points formula

I think this will remove the stats maxing out issue

Anyone commenting after this are Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber fans
Poop

Re: Bu improvements

Heaven
first of all, mamu, that makes no sense because one way or another your stats will get maxed and if everything decreases, it will stay the same just lower than before.

Re: Bu improvements

Misterx
What would actually makes BU better--> A considerable raise on every usefull drops(at least 5%), scatter the useless stuff a little more (e.g. 60% of blood leader, satan claws and willy drops), lower price on all of bu bucks shop items (at the very least 50%, you would get more donations cause it will be worthy to buy), in New Island jess angel drops pink night gown only, make her drop God Feather, bring back hoodie and widows gown and replace useless stuff with the new stuff like anything blood leader or satan claws drops. Oh and don't decrease exp as it will be hard to for new players to train as it is hard enough for them to get cash/items drops so they won't stay. If these conditions are met it will also bring back the old players that quit for these exacts reasons, BU would be most popular server again.

P.S. Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are queers :D

Re: Bu improvements

Mamu
ok let me explain to u

suppose i have 10000 hp and my attack is 12000 (which is maxed out)
I am trying to kill an npc with 1200000 hp and its attack is 12000

so if kyle reduces it `10% then basically nothign will chang ebut the max out thing wilbe elimnated for eample after 10% reduction

my hp will be 1000 my attack will be 1200
the npc hp will be 12000 and its attack will be 1200

so here nothign actually changed but the max out issue got illuminated....well true ill hit max eventually but he can again reduce it 10% again
Poop

Re: Bu improvements

Violette
Illuminated...
mgc

Re: Bu improvements

Maggieanne
I had a similar thought about decreased exp, that it would make it harder for the newer players to level. Why not decrease the exp on higher level npc's,  and leave the lower level ones as they are? Higher drop rate would be nice too.

Re: Bu improvements

sgtmas2006
120000 attack
12000000 life
reduce both by 10% and it's essentially the same time, same damage, just a different number.

Numbers will get too high with additional content. It needs to be redone.

Re: Bu improvements

Heaven
There are a lot of things that can improve, however, I believe that it's the amount of players that makes the game so inactive. If we could find some way to get like 100 people on a day, it'd be great. People socializing and buying/selling with each other. It'd be much better than the day to day 20-30 people on (if that many).

Drops:
Though everyone complains about the drop rates and with every increase, drop's are hard to come by. People party up for hours and get no drops. Imagine 1 person camping out for 2 weeks without 1 bolt drop (me) from sqb2. It's not even funny, it's annoying as fuck. I know kyle says he increases the drop rate a lot but even on triple exp's or double it takes long as hell to get 1 drop. Then there is always the capability of someone stealing your drop. I think a good resolution for that is, if you attack an npc and lower it's health by 30% or more, You should be entitled to whatever it drops, directly, like don't even make it so that you have to pick up the drop, let it go straight to your inventory. And more than 1 person should be able to get the drop when it drops like, when the npc drops, more than 1 drops ( if it's more than 1 person attacking) I hope you understand what im trying to say.

Crafts:
I spent 3 months crafting from Bloodfeast Blade, to mihawk. Even coming close to it kyle had to help me out and i had to make a trade with him for the last ing's. Had it not been for lotto giving me dreads, i doubt i woulda have my mihawk. The crafts are wayy too hard, just when i got hope in making it to caelic, Bo staff comes out. Now there is Master of souls or w.e the wep is. I think those hard shit should be side crafts for the people with the patience to craft them. The craft for weapons should be continued from caelic blade. I'm sure if you continue it from there it'd be better.

Admins:
Admins such as Blueluna are the one's that should hold the high positions, since she was appointed, all she has done is help new players and others. I don't know what amy is hired for but that's your decision, i personally think she should be a $Warp $Mute $Kick $Jail admin. Tia as well, she isn't good with players so idk her position either but yea.

Bonus:
I think a player command like $Goto (map) (x y) should be added with some restrictions.
It'd make it easier on the admins ( who sit in gh yet claim they are too busy to warp a player somewhere). That way the player doesn't need an admin to warp them. The warp limit per day should be like 15 then you would just have to scroll and walk from then on out. Just a little bit of Subjectivity ^.^  Hope you appreciate my comment.

Re: Bu improvements

Probie
Hellooo!  So awesome we get to do this!

Well I have a few suggestions that's always been on my mind and I sincerely hope it gets taken into consideration. 8 )

1) Drops. And I'm not talking about increasing the drop rate. I think the drop rate is fine. (Maybe because I'm from a high rb stand point); but I do think it could change. I say keep the same drop rate; but just increase the drops in general. By that I mean something along the lines of this.  Instead of killing something over and over for hours on end and only getting a chance of getting a drop x1...have it have a chance of dropping x2? Now, I'm not saying lets do it for every single item either! But whats wrong with having male leg or kazu or something like that have a chance of dropping x2 so the craft isn't so bad for new players or old players? AGAIN, I'm not saying lets do it for light sabers or suzu's or any of those "elite" items. Just the lower end items so new players and old players alike get more joy out of killing something for hours.  MAYBE, the most I'm thinking x2 Twin Redemption or Redemption drops.

2) Back items in general. I say lets make it all work for ranged stuff! I think it's sad that we have all these pets and shields and back items and no one uses them because there's no point when you have to switch to ranged. I think it'd give a more variety of what people will accessorize with.  (I want to duel wield books and use my imagination and pretend I'm chucking books at people)  It's a game, I dont think people would mind if the back item disappears for a moment when they're firing a bow...I use to/still do pretend that I'm shooting pookys from my bow when I use pooky for range.

3) Last thought.  PLEASE DONT TAKE MY ORANGE KITTY HAT AWAY!  She's my best friend and brings me so much joy everytime I log on! Let the haters hate!  KEEP MY KITTY ALIVE!  8* (

Your friend (I'd like to think friend to all because I don't think I've made and grudges),
~Probie

Re: Bu improvements

Nurd
I'm torn between two/three of those options:

Admins and Drops/NPC's

The drops are very difficult and it can take a very long time to get those said drops, but, it also has something to do with the NPC's. They're extremely hard to kill, be it due to the enormous health, or the damage the attacks inflict, or both, they're very tough.

As for the admins, from what I know there are around 30-40 admins on BU, most of which quit. A lot of the admins that do come online are nice and fair, for example:

Zeus
Unibear
Baby
Cirras
Callum
Blueluna
Ronny
Eviloverlord
Pearl
Dubstep

These are all great admins because they treat situations fairly and at the same time, they love to joke around with the players, without making them mad (a very wise choice indeed).
Unlike a lot of other admins, such as Amytheevil. Amy only punishes whoever crosses her, or her friends. She's biased admin number 1. She says that ''shes only joking with us'' but she trolls us harder than any of the actual trolls on the server. Wildcherrie is the same, because she follows in the footsteps of Amy.
One other thing I disagree on is that Tracy was rehired as a HGM. Don't get me wrong, I like Tracy (she's extremely kind and a great friend to me) but she was fired for a reason, and rehired as a HGM? I'm not against her being rehired - she's a great pixel artist - but she should have been made a Guardian or a GM. As for Stephanie, I don't know what the situation is with her and mapping (I don't know if shes mapping at all or if she comes online often enough) so I can't really make a comment on that.
As for the other admins - if they're inactive, they shouldn't be admins.

Ideas posted from other people:

Girisha: ''Add more than one crafting chain, that way we have more to work on when we are finished with the main one. Just like you were going to do for the cubes''

Ajay ''You should make more quests for beginners, which supplies them with sufficient items that allows them to kill NPCs. Also, there should be quests for elite players (higher levels). Using crafts, map location etc in quests can also help people to get items + can remember maps while exploring.''

Hope this helps :x
I'm only here for the food.

Re: Bu improvements

~Adio~
For me as a new person, who finnally broke down and decided to check this server out. my problem is finding places to progress, it seems like i will start exploring either from tut town or other places and the area will seem easy. ill be one shotting things and then all of a sudden come across something that 1-shots me. which is frustrating. granite i'm sure their are guides to help me, that I haven't read yet. but it is frustrating to go from one extreme to the other with no warning.

so my idea is simply a progression of difficulty throughout maps like the more u move away from town or whatever it progresses in difficulty and of course the drops and items would as well, with quests that could help the experience along.

but ive only played a few hours so far.

Re: Bu improvements

Stephanie
Ill be the first to admit I have not been around much, as I have had personal stuff going on that has stopped me. But I am hoping to get back around to what i used to be doing by years end.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Re: Bu improvements

Violette
Lurry? I lol'd