[Poll Time] Second BU World

Cirras

This is an idea that has been considered, but will be decided by public opinion. Feel free to leave your opinions in the replies to this topic.

The idea: A second BU server with a brand new world and restatted items. Players would have the choice between BU Old Word and BU New World and would be encouraged to play both. The admin team would be present on both servers.

Here are some Pros brought up by you guys.

PRO: Leveling the playing field/Making the game more accessible to new players.
PRO: Tons of expansion potential on the new server. [Removal of filler/garbage items]
PRO: More reasonable stats [Everything cut down to 10%]
PRO: The choice between two game worlds.

And here are some concerns you guys brought up.

CON: Possible splitting of the community into two servers [If people don't play both]
CON: Development could be slower because the team will essentially be working on 2 servers instead of 1.
CON: Bone could be less available because he'd be on two servers at once.
CON: One server could become more popular than the other, causing the less successful one to be less enjoyable to play.

A few things to keep in mind after reading this:

- BU will not ever be wiped.
- Nothing is happening immediately - if anything is done it will take time.
- Everything we do and every idea we consider is to improve your playing experience with us in the long run.

We want to hear your opinions. Feel free to post them here, and be sure to vote on the poll!

Should there be a new BU Server?
The cake is a lie.

Re: [Poll Time] Second BU World

Unibear
If Kyle decides to do that admins  should get rights to train on that one since we cant on main server D; I also say it might help bring new players for both but doesnt hurt for us to try a second one :)

Re: [Poll Time] Second BU World

Ashuri
I think the cons greatly outweigh the pro's in severity.

May I suggest that if people are pushing for a new server, that instead of splitting BU's small player population, that we all move to a new server, along with everybody's items, and whatever content you guys decide to bring along. Then you are starting out with a fresh new slate, and room for only improvement. (:

Re: [Poll Time] Second BU World

Nurd
I think it is a good idea but I won't work. It will just decrease your players. We tried it with a test server and that didn't turn out so well. EE are currently trying a test sever and that's not going well.

I think that if you're going to do it, keep the current admins for the current server and hire new admins for the second server. It saves the current admins so much haste of switching from one sever to the other.

I think the other server would also be a great test-run for admins to gain adminship on the original server. Like.. You could make it a test run or something, and if they're good enough they make it to the real-deal.

Just my opinion of a good idea. Hope all goes well though!
I'm only here for the food.

Re: [Poll Time] Second BU World

louie
gotta agree to ashuri..  the reason why is..  there is no point in splitting the unpopulated server into two. like ashuri said, it would be better if the team will focus on upgrading the old bu with the new bu you currently making..

- just an opinion
Mal

Re: [Poll Time] Second BU World

Mal
I remember when we had two servers before, and most people went on the new one. It didn't work then and it won't work now.
       Anyway we already HAVE two servers don't we? Isn't B-U test still up? and (I just checked) nobody is playing it.

You get old too soon and you get smart too late - Mike Tyson.

Re: [Poll Time] Second BU World

Stephanie
I really like this idea. I can see it really working for the best in the long run.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Re: [Poll Time] Second BU World

Standard
This is a bad idea.. We don't have enough players as it is people who are newish trying to make money struggle because people don't buy you average a player base or 20-30 you shouldnt be thinking of a 2nd world server atleast until you hit 80+ players constantly online..

That's my input
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store, not the team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less.... I'm free"