New BU client!

Re: New BU client!

Nurd
Pingiwin wrote
So I tried going to the Bu.Beta link up above that you have and nothing comes up. Don't know if the link is broken but wanted to let you know
I don't believe it's available for download yet. :)
I'm only here for the food.

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
Thankyou, There is no beta yet ) : I just setup,updated the page while I had a chance.When I do have the beta ready thats where the DL will be.

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
Hello again 1 year since my last big push on the client. I have started working on the client again along with several other projects I have been working on. Its been a long year very busy for  me but very rewarding at the same time I am doing alot better than a year ago.

I have been working on a project making videos on  gathering fishing foraging and cooking it up :D. I made the music, video effects, website and in the process of making a top down 2d game based of the videos. if your interested normansadventures.com
The facebook
The YouTube Channel

Back to buisness :D seems like guilds is the last big npc type to complete but I am going to work on chests seems like a good starting point to jump back in at!

Happy Fathers Day to all you fathers out there and thankyou for reading Insomniac-Nathan :D!!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I added all the packets to and from the server, setup the input and functions to support chests and added  the functions to support doors keys ect. I will add the graphical end of chests tomorrow.

Thanks for reading-Insomniac/Nathan

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I could not wait to set up the graphical side of the chests I got it to a playable point here is a few screenshots.

I think I will start Town Boards tomorrow.

Thanks for reading-Insomniac/Nathan!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I got a good start on boards today it looks like I have all the packet stuff done board_packets Just have to add the input processing and graphical end.

Hopefully I can finish it up tomorrow  or the next day and move on to arena :D!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
Well I havnt finished the board gfx yet but I added in all arena packets and got map sign data working.
    fread(buf, sizeof(char), 1, fh);
    outersize = PacketProcessor::Number( buf[0] );
    if(outersize > 0)
    {
           this->signs.resize(outersize);
           for (int i = 0; i < outersize; ++i)
           {
                this->signs[i] = new Sign();

                fread(buf, sizeof(char), 4, fh);
                this->signs[i]->x = PacketProcessor::Number( buf[0] );
                this->signs[i]->y = PacketProcessor::Number( buf[1] );

                int msg_length = PacketProcessor::Number( buf[2],buf[3] ) -1;
                fread(buf, sizeof(char), msg_length, fh);
                std::stringstream ss;
                ss<<buf;

                std::string data(ss.str());
                data = data.substr(0, msg_length);
                decode_str(&data[0], data.size());

                fread(buf, sizeof(char), 1, fh);
                int tit_length = PacketProcessor::Number( buf[0] );

                this->signs[i]->title = data.substr(0, tit_length);
                this->signs[i]->message = data.substr(tit_length);

            }
    }

I should be able to add the graphical end of boards arena and signs tomorrow, Ill come back with screen shots when I'm done!

Thanks for reading Insomniac/Nathan!!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I finished the map signs :D

test sign

I am going to start the board gfx hopfully i can finish it today.

On a side note you should expect the biggest client updates on tue and wed which are my days off at this point the rest of the week I have a very busy schedule like 630 am to about 10 or 11 pm of just GO GO GO then if i have any life left I'll write a bit of code.

Thanks for reading, Insomniac/Nathan!!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I have gotten Town Boards to a good point to move on heres some screenies :D

I changed the button position to a centered location I like the layout better!

I guess I will start working on the book next!

Thanks for reading Insomniac/Nathan!!!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I have just been doing some misc stuff...so last night my daughter was playing in tut town and was like why isnt the roof on the canopy, anyway I guess this whole time I was not drawing the overlays1 and overlays2 somehow I was drawing the roof tiles and the top layer.
I also fixed the map shadow alpha channel /transparency to be closer to the original client and fixed the render layer to be right after tiles  so it goes tiles->shadow->object->walls ect ect.
I corrected NPC positioning so they are correctly centered on their x-y chord.
I added the action info icons in the bottom left of the game window ! weapon,shield,spell_requested,pk zone.
I also added a bit of code in the net packet handler to break the loop soon as the packet is handled, and also an identifier  to output the packets the client does not handle so I can add those packets in as well.

bool Net_::Handle(PacketFamily family, PacketAction action, PacketReader &reader)
{
    bool handled = false;
    UTIL_PTR_VECTOR_FOREACH(this->my_handlers,MyHandler, h)
    {
        if(h->family == family && h->action == action)
        {
            h->callback(h->funct,reader);
            handled = true;
            break;
        }
    }

    if(!handled)
    {
        Console::Out("UNHANDLED PACKET " + PacketProcessor::GetFamilyName(family) + "[" + util::to_string((int)family) + "]," + PacketProcessor::GetActionName(action) + "[" + util::to_string((int)action) + "]");

    }
    return handled;
}

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I worked on map rendering a little bit and adjusted layers again. All layers look correct but I may have to switch the rendering method at somepoint for example if a player is going east behind a wall you get very small glitches of seeing the character behind the wall etc.

I got friends and ignore lists to playable points you will notice I added a text box inside of the friends popup dialog box itself rather than rendering a new dialog box "who do you want to add" I feel that dialog is uneeded. I will prolly have to adjust gfx and code a bit at some point but it is usable here are some screenies.

I think I will start working on Trade->Book->Guilds->credits->misc: beta release->bugs.

Thanks for reading, Insomniac/Nathan!!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I added a debug class kinda got side tracked and had a busy day with my kids :D. This class will come in handy for beta and into alpha stage development. So basically this function will track almost every function that is fired upto the point of a crash abort or termination and generate a detailed log of what occurred before the termination. At this point it is a very basic shell of a debug class. Heres a snippet for any coders https://pastebin.com/FJ6FfjPE

Thanks for reading Insomniac/Nathan!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I added spike support added the graphics and packets may need some adjustments at a later point. I added the performance dialog, I'm not sure how I want to handle this since vult-r stored the data in reg file I think I want the data controlled server side but I'm not sure at the moment.

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
Still pushing hard on the client I have the information and memberslist almost done in the guild menu, I have added support to handle the PING_OPEN and PING_ACCEPT packets also fixed a bug where the kills were not process by spells from another character and add the attack animation when you have a weapon.

Thanks for reading Insomniac/Nathan!!
12345