New BU client!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
This post was updated on .
I finished up the spells UI also made some improvements from the original client the main dif will be fast cast on auto targets at the current time this feature will cast on closest target with out reequiping spells.Maybe in the future we can expand this feature to make it custom to each users needs.. like auto target bosses or aggressive npcs ect. Also added support for using timestamps.
spell ui

Fixed walking animation with npc's adjusted the fps system to allow target fps + 10 fps before throttiling the client to reduce the fps. I adjusted the map rendering system to draw ground tiles at x - 11 to x + 11/ y - 11 to y + 11 and objects and other larger size gfx at x - 18 to x + 18/ y - 18 to y + 18 which also increased fps a bit. I removed a couple unneeded files from the project and restructured some code for optimal performance.Adjusted the net Tick() function to check for activity 5 times a second rather than 100 this should hpfully help with stablizing fps and also help with npc/character action animations.

Thanx for reading Insomniac/Nathan :D

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
Sorry I havnt had much time to put into the client lately... I have had to work 3 weeks in a row getting called in on my day off losing much sleep etc. Anyway I have a few minor updates I have worked out most/all bugs in downloading the data files maps-pubs and updating the client accordingly. I fixed a massive bug in the loading of the gfx files where the client would check if an  (egf)preloaded module exists and if not it would LoadLibrary() again which after looking over the coded was the case everytime I have the current load time down to 5-10 seconds :D! I finished the configuration file wrapper so you can edit setup.ini and other configurable client options while playing.

Thanks for reading Insomniac/Nathan :D

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
Started up client production again! I've been working on a few other projects busy with my job and family anyway... here are a few updates!

1: added the character interaction dialog box when you right click a character.To finish the dialog box ill have to add some other missing features such as trade and book etc!
2: 2 client side commands #ping and #loc.
3: TimeStamps used in packets such as spell,walkattack.
4: I updated the client to work with the current EOSERV reversion which has a few extra security measures in place such as timestamps packet restrictions file upload protection.
5: Worked on the net/communication class a bit.
6: Fixed packets effect,packet agree was not processing the whole packet and player,agree was duplicating characters.
7:  Fixed file downloads for map files while warping.
8: Added the damage and hp bar above NPC's when the take damage.
9: Fixed alpha blending it got botched when I update SDL from 1.2 to 2.1.

Thanks for reading Insomniac/Nathan :D

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
1: Finished skill master's
I edited some functionallity as you can see I removed requirements from the button and added in spell info, if you dont have the requirements they will print to sys and [Information] strings.

2: Added HP bar and damage from spells

I have 8 npc type dialogs left to code I think each 1 should take about a week after that there is still chests arena and pk stuff so if all goes as planned a playable version of the client should be ready in arround 2-3 months.

Thanks for reading Insomniac/Nathan :D

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I started work with guilds I did not realize how robust the guild system is. I mapped out all needed packets and am going to move on to shops :D after slapping down 450 lines of code on just guild packets I want to work on another npc type. Here is a paste to show you how robust just the guild system packets are. https://pastebin.com/cdcPvSAu

Thanks for reading Insomniac/Nathan :D

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I knocked out shops!!I knocked out shops!!I knocked out shops!!I knocked out shops!!

##Interactive NPC types-/###
Skill: 100% - dubug
Shop: 100% - dubug
Quest: 50%
Guild: 50%
Law: 20%
Priest: 20%
Inn: 0%
Barber: 0%
Bank: 0%

 There are a few bugs in the shop system I will have to track down at some point, there are 3 bugs all of which I think is the same bug it occurrs for some reason when you click the last item in the list so for example in the first shop dialog it displays buy,sell,-->craft<-- or in each of the sub menus if you click the last item... it happens randomly. It is throwing an bad_alloc exception so it wont be to hard to track down :D!
shops

Working on each NPC type is also helping me dubug other code that each type is dependent on or works with so while working on shops I noticed I was not processing Packet Item_Kick correctly also noticed a  bug in the inventory system that happens when adding items to an overloaded inventory. The inventory system is in a very basic I state I will most likely rewrite the code for placeing and swapping items and will need to be adjusted at a later time.

I am moving on to law and marriage!

Thanks for reading Insomniac/Nathan :D

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I finished up Lawers!

##Interactive NPC types-/###
Skill: 100% - debug
Shop: 100% - debug
Law: 100% - debug
Priest: 50%
Quest: 50%
Guild: 50%
Inn: 0%
Barber: 0%
Bank: 0%

open dialog law

I removed the first dialog  we do not need the first dialog that opens marriage and divorce dialogs.

marriage dialog law

As you can see I added the text input into the same dialog we do not need another pop up when you can type and click here to execute :D

divorce dilalog law

I did the same with replies they will be self contained in the same dialog and set on  a 3 second timer.
divorce reply

Thanks for reading Insomniac/Nathan :D

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I got side tracked with some performance configurations for a couple days. I added a few options to setup.ini so users can get the best performance out of their computers.
 I am also working on fullscreen mode, my problem here is going from windowed->full->windowed <BROKEN> lol so you can not resize and switch between window(640x480) and fullscreen at the moment. I guess SDL 2 has some issues here but even if they dont patch it I will hack something in there :D!

### Enhanced Functionality ###

## MaxCPU(int %)
# MaxCPU will override FPS and FPSThrottle if the CPU usage is more than the specified amount.
MaxCPU = 35

## PollPeriod(double)
# The amount in ms to wait for activity on the server socket.
# Default 0. You should not have to wait for activity but I noticed a PollPeriod of 10ms my FPS maxed out at 85 a PollPeriod of 0 I maxed out at 405. Increase the value to decrease the FPS
PollPeriod = 0.050

## InputInterval(double)
# The amount in ms to check for mouse and keyboard activity.
# Default 10 ms is resonable..100 times a second.
# This does not have much impact on the program but is worth adjusting if you need to squeeze an extra frame or 2 out a second.
InputInterval = 0.010

## FPS(int)
# Max amount of frames that can be displayed in a second..Default is 30 which is typical for a simple program like this.I would not advise setting FPS above 60 or below 30.
FPS = 60

## FPSThrottle(int)
# FPSThrottle is the the number of cycles before the window is redrawn.
# This works side by side with FPS to stabilize the FPS rate.Default is 20 which may be decreased/increased inside the program until the avg FPS is met.
FPSThrottle = 10

## Mouse Options

# MouseCursor(string)
# IF  MouseCursor set to 0 will use a non animated default arrow.
# Useing Default 0 should increase FPS rate a littl bit.

# ELSE  MouseCursor must exist in data/graphics/mouse_cursors/
# These cursors are animated and must be 4 frames
# Structure point,click,grab,release 128 x 32
MouseCursor = cursor_glove.bmp

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I finished Priests so the law and marriage system is complete. Once again I do everthing in the same dialog box so there are no extra popups to draw or controll.

##Interactive NPC types-/###
Skill: 100% - debug
Shop: 100% - debug
Law: 100% - debug
Priest: 100% - debug
Quest: 50%
Guild: 50%
Inn: 0%
Barber: 0%
Bank: 0%

dialog action
complte :D

I think next I will work on Inn Keepers :D!

I also worked on different window modes so we can now go windowed->fullscreen->windowed. I will not do the typical resizeable window but I do have a plan to offer different window sizes 640x480, 800X600 etc that way the aspect ratio stays correct. I think I might add a key command for this and a configurable option in setup.in

Thankyou for reading Insomniac/Nathan!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I finished Inn Keepers but since BU has no Inn Keepers in game I don't have any screen shots ) :.

##Interactive NPC types-/###
Skill: 100% - debug
Shop: 100% - debug
Law: 100% - debug
Priest: 100% - debug
Inn: 100% - debug
Quest: 50%
Guild: 50%
Barber: 0%
Bank: 0%

I promised my daughter I would finish quests so she can use her flute , I am moving on to quests. I have all the packet interactions done so I am hopeing this goes as smooth as the last few NPC interactions.

Thanks for reading Insomniac/Nathan!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I just finished quest and quest list :D

##Interactive NPC types-/###
Skill: 100% - debug
Shop: 100% - debug
Law: 100% - debug
Priest: 100% - debug
Inn: 100% - debug
Quest: 100% - debug
Guild: 50%
Barber: 0%
Bank: 0%

I guess next I am going to do Banks.
Here are a few screenies.

I refactored some code and seems to fixed the random open dialog crash. I also found a performance issue well if you a slow comp or a small amount of ram this will effect you anyway I tested client on a win 7 dell laptop with icore 2 and 512 ram long story short here the client is a cpu hog due to the Poll(event) call where the program processes events as fast as it can. I found a few ways I can adjust this I am just not sure how I want to do this yet.

Thankyou for reading Insomniac/Nathan!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I finished banks today! I didnt realize banks were also intertwinned with the locker packets so I am going to do lockers before I get back to programming NPC interactions. No screen shots today. I will add some screen shots when I finish lockers. On to Barbers :D!

##Interactive NPC types-/###
Skill: 100% - debug
Shop: 100% - debug
Law: 100% - debug
Priest: 100% - debug
Inn: 100% - debug
Quest: 100% - debug
Bank: 100% - debug
Guild: 50%
Barber: 0%

Thanks for reading Insomniac/Nathan!!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
This post was updated on .
I got base code for lockers done. You can interact with lockers with limited functionallity ex: you can deposit all of an item no option at this point for how much its a simple drag and drop, you can remove items from lockers.

##Interactive NPC types-/###
Skill: 100% - debug
Shop: 100% - debug
Law: 100% - debug
Priest: 100% - debug
Inn: 100% - debug
Quest: 100% - debug
Bank&Lockers: 100% - debug
Barber: 0%
Guild: 50%

Here are some screenshots!

Moveing on to barbers!

Thankyou for reading Insomniac/Nathan!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I finished Barbers quick it only consists of a couple elements. I Changed the dialog menu up a bit, the only difference is if you don't have enough bones to purchase a hairstyle the button text Says  EX: current: character gold amount/cost  so if you have 9000 bones and the cost is 10k it will say current: 9000/10000. rather than current: 10000.

##Interactive NPC types-/###
Skill: 100% - debug
Shop: 100% - debug
Law: 100% - debug
Priest: 100% - debug
Inn: 100% - debug
Quest: 100% - debug
Bank&Lockers: 100% - debug
Barber: 100% - debug
Guild: 50%

Heres some screen shots.

Thankyou for reading, Insomniac/Nathan!!

Re: New BU client!

Pingiwin
So I tried going to the Bu.Beta link up above that you have and nothing comes up. Don't know if the link is broken but wanted to let you know
12345