New BU client!

Re: New BU client!

Ikatchi
Happy Easter to you too, Insomniac.

I have one more thing currently that I hope you can manage to do something with in the new client.

Ever since I started Endless Online like 9 1/2 - 10 ish years ago I noticed that there was no button on the log in screen to recover/rest account names/passwords if forgotten. You always had to reply on a mod that was never fucking there so if you lost it it was basically ''tough shit''.

So, I was wondering if it would be possible to add a new button either when you hit play (on the log in menu itself where you type in your info) to either get sent a reminder of your username (by the email that you registered with) or get your password reset. This isn't too often a problem, but I do see this as a necessity for the eo client. Though, there'd also with this have to be an automated email verification system as well as an automated email system for recovering such things.

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
I think thats a very good idea and a necessity, since i am not to familiar with net protocol's and such maybe we can just store a secret word or prase in the database that the player sets. I will also look into your idea and some other methods!

Re: New BU client!

Ikatchi
I try to contribute what I can.. online anyways :/

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
Thank you! I made a new topic for client suggestions http://bu-forums.2323770.n4.nabble.com/Please-post-all-new-client-suggestions-here-tp1369.html I appreciate the input and want to keep this topic focused on the client status :D!

Re: New BU client!

Stephanie
Cantwait to see it and will be happy to test it.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Re: New BU client!

zombielove
im getting more and more exited everyday and i would love to test it to
eat that asian

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
Sorry for the lack of updates at this point I'm working about 10 hours a day, 6 days a week managing a long john silvers/a&w and a gas station. I usually get about less than an hour a day to work on the client.This last week I've worked on keyboard input finalizing the graphical aspects of the character creation menu and started working on networking a little more. I'm stuck with the rest of the character creation menu intell I get these responses correctly from the server!

Re: New BU client!

Angi
Nate is just great! Fantastic and thorough  job with everything he does!

Best bestfriend ever
I'm pretty much a God

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
Thank you Angi!
I'm sorry for the lack of updates my life is like a roller coaster,anyway I am still working hard on this project but progress is slow.I have now got the client 90% complete before the actual game play. I have the client's networking and packet functions up to the welcome_reply "in english" up to the point where you log in and get the news. I'll try and keep you guys more up to date on the clients status,later :Dcharacters rendered

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
You guys prolly see the pattern on the clients progress,the first part of the month theres no updates and the end of the month I add some new stuff.I don't want to get burnt out on the client so I dedicate about a 3'rd of each month to work on it :D. Anyways stay tuned I'll have some updates coming the next couple weeks!

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
We got boots!
We got boots

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
This post was updated on .
I got armor and names rendered:D
We got armor and names rendered

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
Well I've spent the last couple weeks working about 5-10 hours a day on the client and I've achieved some good progress.
The characters can now login to the server, wear boots,armor, and Ive got names rendered. Today I got my first map rendered correctly. The next couple weeks I'm going to back off a bit so I dont get burnt...anyway here is a screenshot of the map I got rendered first map rendered

Re: New BU client!

insomniac
Hello and sorry I've been gone for so long! I just wanted to touch down real quick and let everyone know I did not fall off the face of the earth I have just had alot of personal issues I had to correct ect ect. I lost my internet and got  a few more responsibilities added to my plate ect.

Anyway the clients progress hasnt stopped, Ive been spending all of my spare time on it and I have accomplished alot. Maps,chat,ingame gui, character interactions such as attacking,walking chatting equipt/unequipt items spells basic paperdoll and inventory.

I will be getting my net turned back on in 2 weeks and will soon after post my progress/screenshots and possibly v 1.0.0.0.

Miss you all and hope all is well!!
Insomniac/Nathan :D

Re: New BU client!

Cirras
Administrator
Nate! Really glad to hear from you, man. Looking forward to seeing you around, and the progress you've made. :)
The cake is a lie.
12345