Please post all new client suggestions here.

Please post all new client suggestions here.

insomniac
My New Bu client topic is getting overrun with suggestions,ideas,wants, ect. I do appreciate the input but please post it here so I can keep that topic focused on the client.

Thank you: Insomniac/Nathan

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

Ikatchi
can do .-.

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

danny9101
what u mean by new client

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

Soren
Just 2 fun ideas, dunno how hard it would actually take to do, but here goes:

1. Custom Map Songs:

I'm not exactly sure how the MP3 files on BU/EO Servs work, but on this game made by Cascade called TFG, he had the mp3 files able to be changable by any person (the ones that play when you enter a map). By replacing these with MP3 files of your choosing, you could make certain songs that you like (actual music), come on when you enter that map. I thought that was a really cool effect. I dunno how hard that would actually be, but it seems pretty fun to mess around with.

2. + items

Yes, another unoriginal idea, but what seems like a great one. Bosses/monsters could have a chance to drop +'d items (increases all stats of an item by a percentage based on how high the +'d item is. Ex: +1 could be an added 10%, +2 would be 20% and so forth. Obviously there should be a limit so you don't get some ridiculous +50 item. Lets say you had a Lightsaber that gave 2k dmg. If it was +1 it would give 2.2k dmg.). Just adds a bit more variety and people are able to get a rare form of an item that would normally be useless.

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

insomniac
A ? is a ? even if it's a dumb ? Ill leave it that!

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

Machmatic
Not sure how easy these are to implement either, but I guess I'll suggest them:

1. Re-sizable Client:

One thing that I noticed is that the maps are all in one file, and that map editor's could load all the map and see them in a re-sizable window. Since I believe you'd mentioned using a different method for loading in tiles, players and monsters and such then it'd be possible to do it for the Bones Underground client as well.

I made a quick mock-up of what will be rendered inside the window that you can see here. I'm not proud of the top and bottom barriers that hug the top and bottom edges (they're very plain), but if you want the edited inventory GUI, exit button or the stats bar at the top then I can provide them.

Using rules such as the inventory GUI being centered and aligned to the bottom of the window and the like you'll be able to transform the original game looking like this into this and then resize it into this.

2. Smooth Walking

I'm not talking about the sprite's animation for walking, I'm talking about when you walk the screen will pan to follow the character, but the panning is quite jerky and changes in 3 or 4 frames. If it moved smoother then it'd be easier on the eyes for those who play for long periods of time. You can see some smoothness in action with the EO Map Editor 0.3.1b when you use the arrow keys with a map loaded. You can download that here.

I'd be interested in the source-code later (although I probably wouldn't be much help), but I can understand that you'd have hesitation on that.
Thank you for building a custom client and taking our suggestions! Hopefully you'll be able to make something that will be good for everyone. :)

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

insomniac
All you have to do is just replace the data/audio/mfx/mfx00id.mp3 to the song you want.Were going to implement a better audio class for the server, I'm just not to sure what direction kyle wants to go with it.

Im not to sure about the drops at this point,sounds cool but implementation based off item rates would be tricky,maybe we could add a drop increase random variable 0-10 :D thankyou for the ideas!

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

insomniac
I had an idea and want some feedback on this!Well we have the current multi client which allows you to login multiple accts/characters. The downfall of that is cpu usage and the glitchy multiclient itself.what I want to do with this client is make it possible to login multiple characters at the same time. I'm thinking just a tab to switch back and forth between characters?

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

Cirras
Administrator
I rather like that idea. Streamlining the process and all that.
The cake is a lie.

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

insomniac
Thank you sir, if Kyle ok's it I'll add it in. I know we have max server connects and such so this wont effect anything in a bad way, just make it easier to level up, and prolly increase player counts. Down side it will be easier for trolls to do stupid sh*t multi logging!

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

Ikatchi
I felt the need to post some new possible ways to protect accounts in the upcoming reformed client version.

1. PIN code (Idea came from Maple Story)
When logging in any character on an account (already made accounts will have to make one the first time logging in ; new accounts will have to make it from the account creation menu [possibly]) you'll have to manually (by clicking) put in a custom made 4-16 number code to log that character in.

2. IP Checking

If an account is logged in from a new/different IP it will have to be verified by the account owner via e-mail before logging in to the character screen can be done.

3. Automatic Non-closable in Game Log in Security Question

This would also be a non-optional question to be made with new/current accounts that would make a box appear (like a notice box) with a customly made question (by the account owner) that if answered incorrectly would automatically disconnect the user and give an automated 5 minute ban.

4. Temporary Drop/Trade Disabling

Items on the account wouldn't be tradeable or dropable until 5-10 minutes after having been logged into the account.

5. Secondary Passwords

This is basically a dual password feature so they'd have to type in 1 username and 2 passwords instead of one.

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

zombielove
hey i got a idea

1.  living areas -
we could each get our own house couples could live together up to them

2.  beds that u can sleep in
you know like when your in the inn there is a option to sleep and restore your health y not make a npc that looks like a bed that could go in the houses so when u get home from a long day of killing savage beast or crafting your ass's off u can rest and have full health

hope yall like those 2 ill be thinking of more soon
eat that asian

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

Soren
This post was updated on .
Ideas that I randomly thought of:

Monster Menu:

When you right click a monster a menu comes up where you can see it's HP, option to see it's drops and MAYBE stats (though that would be a lot of work). I feel like this would be extremely useful so people wouldn't have to constantly make new drop guides for monsters in game every version/everytime they get new drops. This would really benefit crafters (that's what this game was originally intended to be) because they would know exactly what monster dropped what as soon as they entered an area. It benefits new players as well because they could clarify item drops without having to ask a bunch of people. It could also contain drop percentage (though that's not really needed) for added convenience.

Male/Female DROPPED Armor Exchange System:

Pretty sure we've all heard this idea before. I think there should be a NPC that exchanges male/female, DROPPED only, armors with whichever one they want. The exchange system should be: Opposite Gender Armor + x amount of cash for Correct Gender Armor. The reason it is 1 for 1 + cash, is because the cash is basically charging you for the necessity of being able to do it. 1 for 1 ensures that male and females armors are treated equally so one doesn't PURPOSELY become worth more than the other (it can still happen though, obviously). In a way, this also ensures that if female armors are worth less, they would go up in value because having a female armor basically ensures you get a male if you are unable to buy it.

Monster Kill Counter

This is more of an idea of something cool to add in just to add more flash to a new version. Basically everytime you kill a monster, a "Kill counter" (Just keeps track of how many of that specific monster you have killed in that day)  goes up by the amount of monsters you kill. This way people could keep track of how many more monsters they have killed when hoping for drops. The counter should be located on the side right above your friends list just so it isn't blocking anything, and should reset every day. The reason I say every day because it would  basically be useless if it showed that you killed 2 trillion Fire Demon's. That doesn't really show any helpful information.

Just some ideas I felt like posting.

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

insomniac
I'm going to have Kyle/Bone look over these ideas they are great please keep them coming. ! Thank you  !

Re: Please post all new client suggestions here.

Ikatchi
I got an idea (Ideas...) that would be cool to have coded into BU and every other server :P.

Below Average, Average, and Above Average Items

Now, on topic. I'd like to see items with randomized numbers for every stat it adds that are set to be randomly chosen between a minimum and max amount for each value. Then, determined by the outcome of the stats the color of the item name would be set to a color, like how lore items on main endless have a brownish yellow tint and a light yellow. Except we'd also have a few more colors added for items that COULD have a slight possibility to go over the regular preset range. Basically a system where items dropped become more unique. Also, I think there should be an item added (or items) that can raise attributes of an item by 100 etc, like hp, damage (min, max, min and max) con, etc

The original item itself wouldn't be affected hopefully, making it possible to use any variation of an item in crafting. Oh, this could also be implemented into , but with higher set values and better effects for above average items, in crafting.

Animated Monster/Character Death

This one is a long shot and will take SEVERAL hours to ''perfect'' since it will require ALL existing monsters to have additional bitmap images, but I think it'd be worth it in the long run.

So, basically when your characters dies or a monster dies, instead of simply going ''poof'', they have a dying animation where they could do any of the following, determined by Cirras etc (People who'd have to bust their ass with insomniac to make this happen), fall to their knees and bleed out then fall forward to the ground and fade out, etc. I don't want to go into detail of what'd happen because I feel that one brief example basically summed up what i meant.
123